Sunday 27 January 2008

Ready?

Over the course of today I've become more prepared for tomorrow. Mike Harper phoned at tea time to tell me that they had had some contact from the public about the school opening. He wasn't sure how many people might turn up but he was sending two officers and would try to get there himself later in the day. It's just struck me - has he recovered from "it" or is he just doing his job? It's come to this that we start to judge somebody to be brave just for turning up to work.


Part of me is excited about tomorrow and the other 80% is racked with fear. Last week I was just looking after my own kids and a couple of others. Who knows how many will turn up? Will I be able to control them? No - that's old thinking! I mustn't think about control. Whatever else I'm going to do tomorrow it's not going to be a diluted version of how we did things before. As I've said before reality has changed and so must how we educate and nurture our children. I must keep this to the front of my mind and not fall back on old habits.


I just hope I can get a good night's sleep.

No comments: