Monday 21 January 2008

Bathtime

I feel guilty, I’m exhausted and the exhilaration that I felt when I got home has evaporated.

I had a bath after tea and sat and cried for the best part of an hour. It had been the same when my dad had died, during the day I would be brave but simply by stripping off I seemed to expose myself and it would really hit home.

The kids have been chatting with their pals on Bebo and Facebook – it’s by far the best way of gaining a picture about what’s happening. Many of the official websites aren’t being properly updated – absences I suppose – and I can’t help but feel that the news is censored in some way. They are exhorting people to go to work but everyone knows that no-one is – "so why should I?" - seems to be the attitude.

I’m not sure of I can go in tomorrow but it’s the only way that I can overcome this terrible sense of helplessness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The situation seems to be patchy, with some areas still having electricity and a few trying to carry on as normal but the way I see it, what's the point in getting caught up with it all in town when most people are staying put. You could make your way in only to find there's nobody else there and no way of getting home again.
Good luck to you and condolences for the lost ones. We all know somebody who isn't there any more.

Anonymous said...

Bird Flu

Thanks for these kind words. I suppose we all have to deal with this thing in our own way. This is mine.